Monday, December 15, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen, We have vomit!

Well, today was quite interesting to say the least. Casualty count: 1 girl fainted, and 1 boy puked. Fantastic! I think the girl has an eating disorder so I'm not getting into that unpleasantness...however, the boy I will. I walked into my 3A class per usual and noticed little Javi was awfully quiet, usually he's mocking me. I excuse him to get some water and to use the restroom twice when he tells me that his stomach hurts. Third times the charm: he finds me in the classroom and says "Melanie, I don't Me duele, MELANIE!!" So we run out the door together but unfortunately he pukes all down the hallway! Again, I repeat, Fantastic! I practically carry him to the boy's room where he continues to get sick. Well bad news, it gets everywhere and the poor thing is hurting bad. Good news? I just pushed off being a mom probably another five years. I took care of everything, don't worry, but I'm not looking for this to be a regular occurrence. And I thought I was going to make half the year vomit free...
(Mary, Lisa, Steve, and I)
On to more positive news: the Hans Christian Andersen Christmas Party!! So Friday was our adult dinner at a restaurant near Atocha. Lisa and I arrived in stunning fashion to an already filled room. Here's the thing, Spaniards are never on time, never. But, apparently for one night only they show up exactly as scheduled and we look like idiots...Pues nada. There were many courses of delicious food but everyone was more concerned with the endless supply of wine. Right about the time that the dinner came (I had delicious Bacalao with pisto) everyone was getting antsy. Most people were up and taking/posing for pictures. My camera ended up in the hands of Gabriel at one point and the end result was priceless. When they brought out the shots chaos ensued, some sort of thick clear mixture and another that looked like Mountain Dew. Whatever they were, they were strong and wreaked havoc on many later in the night. From the restaurant we moved cross town to Lemon which is near the stadium. (Me and Elena in the photo). Parking took forever but apparently we knew someone important and skipped the entire line of about 35 people. Sweet! We then partied upstairs in a roped off section with our own bar for the rest of the night. A pretty amazing night if I do say so! Everyone danced, sang, and drank the entire night through until about six am when we all wandered off home. I would like to say my first work Christmas Party was a huge success! (...and I am looking forward to next years?)
(Me, Maria, and Laura)

This is probably my shortest post to date...only because I have to censor! Spaniards can get pretty crazy!

Negative: Small fiasco trying to get a new phone, probably shouldn't wait till Christmas time when they're all out.

Positive: MY FREAKIN N.I.E.!!! (I'm finally legal in Spain)

No comments: